M/V Northern Song Tour
The 85-foot expedition yacht Northern Song custom design is based on an Alaska commercial-style hull that has been time proven in Alaska commercial fisheries.
It has four private guest staterooms, safe, functional, and very comfortable, each with private bathrooms and showers. Spacious salon, protected decks, and excellent viewing areas. Two tenders provide access to the shore and increased mobility. Hot water boiler heating system, Honduras mahogany interior on 3 decks, and headroom on all decks for 6 ft 5 inch. people. Audio Visual Equipment and Deck Facilities Salon home theater with 40″ flat screen television, surround sound, premium audio/video electronics, and Mission speakers with subwoofer.
- Extended Cruising Capability for 9 Guests in 4 staterooms.
- The master stateroom on Main Deck with Queen bed and ensuite bathroom with a separate bathtub/stall shower.
- 1 triple stateroom on Lower Deck with lower Double bed, upper Single bed above, and ensuite bathroom with separate stall shower. The double bed is 56″ wide at the head, 51″ wide at the foot, and 79″ long. The single bed above is 38″ wide, 79″ long and has a height of 17″ between the bed and the ceiling.
- 2 double staterooms on Lower Deck, each with a Double bed and ensuite bathroom with a separate stall shower. Each double bed is 51″ wide at the head, 46.5″ wide at the foot, and 78″ long.
The spacious Master Suite is on the forward main deck and features a queen bed, a private bathroom with tub and shower, and a TV with DVD.
The three Guest Cabins are on the lower deck and each feature private bathrooms with showers. Each of the cabins have double lower beds and single upper berths.
The Salon on the main deck, its soft settee cushions, carpeted floor, large table, and picture windows make this a warm, cozy place for dining, a conference, or quiet time. It has a large TV with remote controls and jacks for replaying your day’s images. Libraries provide a selection of books on natural history and recreational reading and a large area wall map.
The Pilot House, with its very generous size and settee that can seat 10 easily for terrific all-round viewing and back seat driving, make it a very popular spot for outside viewing, chatting, and observing the hi-tech electronic operating instruments in action. The area chart is always on the chart table and watching the GPS/plotter graphically track the ship’s course to an accuracy of some 30′ (anywhere in the world) is plain awesome!
Pilot House Navigational Electronics:
- Nobletec Computer Navigation System with AIS display
- Furuno Class A AIS transmitter and receiver
- Back-up Furuno chart plotter
- Primary Furuno Radar
- Back-up Furuno Radar
- 4 fixed VHF radios
- 6 handled VHF radios
- 1 SSB radio
- 3 x Global Positioning Satellite Receivers
- 4 x depth sonars
- Intercom / paging system
- Satellite Telephone
The Flying Bridge is above the bridge and the “top-most” observation deck. The 360-degree view is great whether your focus is on the horizon or looking into a bubble-net circle of feeding humpback whales. There is ample seating and space for cameras, etc.
The Aft Deck features a hydraulic lifter for deep shrimp fishing, and a gate for tender access at the stern makes this area second in popularity to the salon. A control station allows the vessel to be operated from the aft deck.
Upper Aft Deck
The Upper Aft Deck provides a large area where the tenders are stowed when not being used. In addition, there is also seating with pads for viewing or catching up on a sun tan.
The Side Deck is also covered; the safety rails make these areas suitable for watching or fishing. A side gate also allows alternate access to the tender.
The Bow Deck, is where the action is during whale watching. An expansive area where guests can watch and film whales and porpoises below you as they swim within inches of the boat’s bow. The hydrophones are lowered from this deck so you can listen and watch whale and porpoise activities.
Our anti-roll stabilizers are mechanisms designed to reduce the rolling motion of the vessel caused by waves and currents. Anti-roll stabilizers mitigate the motion and provide you with a more stable and comfortable onboard experience.
- M/V Northern Song Specifications
- M/V Northern Song Tour
- Skiffs & Sea Kayaks
- Almond Cardamom Granola
- Blueberry Rhubarb Chutney with Rosemary Thyme Crackers
- Marinated Sockeye Salmon with Crispy Shallots and Capers
- Chocolate Pots du Crème
- Alaska Cranberry Sauce
- Norwegian Brown Sugar Butter Cookies with Cardamom & Black Pepper
- Slow Roasted Winter King Salmon with Pine Nut Gremolata
- Alaska Crab Cakes
- Sake Kasu Black Cod
- Grandma Alma’s Lemon Spritz Cookies